PDA

View Full Version : Love Them Hawgs!

WalligatorGetter
01-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Went fishing again tonight. This time I took a fellow student from Bay College with me. I took him out to the open water (structure less, not ice less) that I’ve been fishing lately in the hopes of him catching a big hawg. He had never fished the Great Lakes, so he never had that opportunity before. He said that his biggest walleye ever was 22 inches. It was a good evening. However, it didn’t quite work out as I had hoped. All of the luck seemed to be with me. I ended up catching 5 fish, three of which being keepers. The keepers were 18, 25.5 and a beautiful 29 incher that weighed in at over 8-lbs. Lots of fun for both of us. However, I only wish that it would have been my friend that caught the 29” instead of me. Sure, they are a lot of fun, and I really enjoy catching them, but I take them for granted somewhat. It is much more rewording and memorable for me to see somebody who has never caught a big one do everything shy of cartwheels and back flips out on the ice over one of the same fish that I don’t think much of anymore. Oh well, he had a good time anyway. He also saved a couple hundred bucks because he would have had that fish mounted had he been the one who caught it.

I’m sure it is beginning to seem redundant by now, but all fish were caught on a #9 FireTiger Rapala with no bait. Also, the tip-ups once again did nothing! I think I am going to start setting the flag on the down-wind side of the shaft. That way, at least I’ll get to see what it looks like when one goes up.:rolleyes:
Anyway, if all goes well, you should be hearing from me again next weekend, or maybe during the week if the professors go easy on the home-work. Until then, good luck to all!