PDA

View Full Version : Question about seminars at the fishing shows?

Anzomcik
01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I see at the Butler fishing show they have booked the Gregg Thomas, Tony Grant and Mark Arena all to speak, and for the Muskie road rules they have the same line of speakers.

I am asking this question strickly for planning on my part, not trying to start anything. Does anyone know if they will be speaker will be presenting on the same topics at both shows?

If someone knows they will then i will not attend there presentation at butler, because i have a seat at road rules. This way i will have more flexability to attend Butler and not go around the shows events. Thanks

Red Childress
01-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Sorry I did not reply to this sooner but I was out of town during this long weekend.

I have no answer for your question but I will try and find out.

Muskiekid
01-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Sometimes they do - other times they don't. :) Not trying to be funny, but you never really know what they will talk about until you get there!!

I've been at some of the larger shows in the past with some of these fellows as guest speakers and asked them about this. Sometimes things change at the last minute and you will attend a seminar thinking "this is what he will be talking about," and the seminar is about something else. I even had one fellow tell me he didn't know what he would be talking about at a future seminar!!!

One show I attended advertised a guest speaker and I waited all day to hear him and he didn't show up at all. Someone else spoke and it nothing to do with the subject matter!!

Probably the best thing to do would be to contact the speaker and ask them.

Ivan
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
I am not sure about the topics, but there will have to be some significant differences between the seminars at the Butler show and the Muskie Road Rules Clinics. Just consider the length of time. Seminars at shows like Butler are usually 45min to 1hr in length. With the three speakers mentioned, that is a max of 3hrs of talk. The Road Rules Clinics are supposed to be more of a classroom education. It will last for 6hrs. There will also be a panel of local anglers at the Road Rules Clinic to apply related topics to local waters. I am sure the will be differences between the two.

This is straight from the Road rules website:
Exciting Seminars by Top Industry Pros
Lure and Rod Demonstrations
Electronics Education
Local "How To" & Guide Talks
Map Reading and Breakdown

The only thing that could be somewhat of a repeat are the seminars.