PDA

View Full Version : Is There a ramp open yet?!?!?!

B1GD0G
01-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Just wondering if there is a clear spot that is open to get on the water yet?

If anyone finds out and could post it, it would be nice to get out!

Looks like the temps are on the rise and it might be possible in the near future!!!

Thanks, Brian

AFchris
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Was still locked up with ice as of thursday, not too sure with the warmer weather this weekend but hopefully it will open up soon. Suposed to get up to fifty tomorrow. I've resorted to bass fishing....

B1GD0G
01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Well that's better than me, I've been stuck on a job with Manny and no fishing.... :-(

We have been talking about going though!

Thanks for the info, and if you find out let us know, we are dyeing to go do some trolling!!!

AFchris
01-17-2010, 11:20 PM
trolling is for girls...;) Went out to Egypt for a bit today, got 2 bass and musky matt caught a one eyed cat fish lol. Wasn't too cold, was just looking for an excuse to take the new boat out and waste some gas

Chad Cain
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I drove out to the lake today to see if it was open yet, and was happy to see three rigs of goose hunters in the parking lot. The ramp is open, but the bays are definitely still ice covered. Looks like the main lake is wide open though for trolling.

With the warm weather that is still hitting southern Illinois, I have to believe it won't be long before the wind protected bays will open up too.

SEMOmike
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Chad,

What baits would you guys use this time of year to do some trolling? Have really been wanting to get out and do some fishing. Managed to pic up a bunch of baits from a guy for cheap!!!!

Thanks