PDA

View Full Version : mine ponds

graywolf53
01-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Went up to the mine ponds yesterday. Ended up catching about 30 blue gills but they were not very big. Also landed a 15 inch largemouth bass, released it. The roads going in were bad, need 4 wheel drive. We also fished Genes pond but not much was biting there.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the report. What did you have for ice thickness?

iceyes
01-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Fished up at Genes all day yesterday, not a whole lot of action, which was unusual for there. Had about 16" of ice

lindy
01-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Fished Gene' Pond yesterday. Caught five nice sized gills and a few smaller perch. It was pretty slow with the bright sun. I saw a few nice ones on the camera . All and all it was pretty slow. We need some cloud cover. The ice was about 18 inches thick. You can drive out to the fishing spots.

KillitandGrillit
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I was on the mine ponds 2 weeks ago. I'd say 14" at least. The fishing was less than great- I landed maybe 15 fish...but we didnt stay until prime time. Had a musky on a tip-up for about 10 seconds before he wrapped up in a log.

The guys wanted to pick up for the afternoon and go try Bass Lake in Iron Mt. for some Brookies. We managed to land one all afternoon long.

graywolf53
01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Chris there was about 15 inches of ice up there. Went back to the mine ponds sunday and got about 30 more gills, 1 11 inch perch and another largemouth, released of course. We checked out the east and west ponds also, caught a few gills on the west pond. Has anyone been fishing the south pond at all? could not drive back there with the truck o I was just wondering.