PDA

View Full Version : For those that knew J D Spinner

gdi
01-16-2010, 06:14 AM
I’m saddened to say that Friday 15 that our friend JD “Spinners” passed away from complications of cancer. Many of us lived vicariously in his detailed fishing reports from the Fox Chain of Lakes and, as he kept our hopes high to catch that trophy walleye from the pressured waters. JD also guided on the Turtle Flambeau Flowage which I believe was his true home away from home and his peaceful get away. He was a Licensed Captain and Guide on both waters.

The fishing community is losing a fisherman; many of us have lost a good friend and the Captain of the Spinner Club. Our Prayer goes out to Maria and JD’s family.

JAMES D. SCHOEFERNACKER, 53 years old of Antioch, IL passed away Friday, January 15, 2010 at his home surrounded by his family. He was born October 3, 1956 in Medinah, IL the son of the late George and Audrey (Lancaster) Schoefernacker. He started working as a car mechanic for many years, working his way up to service director. He had worked for Sandy Mckie Chrysler, Fox Lake, IL and most recently at Gurnee Dodge; later starting his own business as an independent insurance inspector. James enjoyed walleye fishing, and boating. On March 8, 2003 he married Erna Manuntag in Antioch.
Survivors include his wife, Erna; two brothers, John (Bonnie) of West Chicago, IL, and Tom of McHenry, IL, and his sister Mary Lou (Earl) Phillips of Lexington, KY; and many nieces, nephews and friends.
A memorial service will be held at 7PM on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at the STRANG FUNERAL HOME OF ANTIOCH, 1055 Main St. (Rte. 83). Visitation will be from 5PM until time of services at the funeral home. INFO 847-395-4000. Please sign our online guest book for James at www.strangfh.com

“I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when my last cast, I then most humbly pray, When the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP!

Gone Fishing....CAPTAIN JD Spinner”

George G
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Very nice eulogy to a respected friend of the outdoors.

Fish Whisperer
01-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear of JD's passing. We met a couple of years ago while fishing near each other by Donner's Bay. While talking, we learned that we lived only a few miles from each other back home. As we fished, we kept catching one rock bass after another, joking as we returned each of them to the water near the other's boat...hoping to thin out the density of them where each of us was fishing. It was a fun evening. He was a nice man, and it was a pleasure to meet and fish with him. May the Lord continue to watch over him.

Fish Whisperer