PDA

View Full Version : morning or evening?

weekend jimmy
01-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey all. I was wondering if there has been more action in the morning or evening? I've read a few posts that have mentioned the evening prime time form 4:30 - 5:30. I'm wondering if the morning is just as good and what time is the "prime time" for an AM fish?

CrankYanker
01-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I fish 5 nights for every morning I go out but I seem to think the night bight is better. I'm headin out early tomorrow so I'll let you know! I've only had one semi productive morning this year (only been out 3 mornings) so I would say if you have to choose one go with the evening....

weekend jimmy
01-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks, I was out Thursday morning and caught one northern that was just legal. I let it go. I too will be out in the morning it seems. Have other obligations in the evening. Are you going out north bay or south? I think that i'm going out south. Just curious.

WalligatorGetter
01-09-2010, 08:23 AM
That is an interesting question. One would tend to think that the morning and evening bite would be equal. However, in my experience, that’s not quite the case. I should note that, like the prior reply, I fish 10 evenings for every one morning. But it seems to me that the evening bite is more fast and furious than the morning bite, yet, shorter lived. In the evening, there is that 20 minute period where, on a good day, you catch nearly every fish you mark. Outside of that 20 minute period, fishing seems to be a waste of time. In the morning, there is still that well defined feeding period. However, it seems to be more spread out. The action isn’t quite as fast, but, on the flip side, it lasts longer than 20 minutes. I guess it seems to last about an hour or so.
So, there is my opinion.
Good luck!

Walleye Quinn
01-09-2010, 09:33 PM
"Prime Time". Is any time you can make it out Fishing. Good luck fishing from Walleye Quinn...

weekend jimmy
01-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I totaly agree with you walleye quinn. But when I have to chose one or the other I want to know which one is the better bite. I know that nothing is a garrentee.

This morning didn't pan out in my favor. I was out from 7:30 -2. Had two very light bites. Marked fish this morning but no takers. Moved three times and tried for walleyes and perch. Notta. But still was "prime time" to be out there. Nice day too.

CrankYanker
01-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Well fished most of the weekend...Saturday morning was very good, 4 keepers. one 22 and 3 that were 15-16 they were hitting anything and everything. That night only marked a few caught one nice fat one 25 inches.... Today... DIFFERENT STORY.... sucked... one small one early morning and missed a keeper at the hole tonight... had a few very light bites but that was it... oh well.. saturday was fun!

weekend jimmy
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Crankyanker, where abouts were you? Northbay or south? What depth? I'm not looking for GPS number or anything. Just general info. I'm still fairly new to this. You can private message me if you don't want to post it on here. Thanks for all the info so far. It has helped.