PDA

View Full Version : Review - Pro Dawg

Paul Schlagel
01-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Like in the past, I'll spend some of the off-season posting my reviews of new baits, rods, reels, etc. that I used in the past season.

The Musky Innovations Pro Dawg made its debut last winter during the show season. Many if the changes/improvements were in response to customer dissatisfaction with previous generations of Bulldawgs. I was pretty open and vocal about how I felt about some of the crappy Bulldawgs made over the years. To be fair to MI, I have to be open and vocal about my satisfaction with the new Pro Dawgs.

The internal wire form does a much better job of anchoring the plastic, making the bait quite a bit more durable. The hooks and split rings are good, which is a very welcome improvement. I was so accustomed to changing all the hardware on the old Dawgs, that it was a real treat to use a Pro Dawg right out of the packaging. The formulation of plastic seems just right to me, supple enough for good action, but tough enough to hold up pretty well. The action, durability, and hardware are all greatly improved and I'm pleased.