PDA

View Full Version : First Ice Fishing Report

Bun_Wagon
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi All,

After 3 years of reading the posts on this site I finally decided to create my user-id and post my fishing results.

Got out for the first time on Dec 30th. Felt good to finally be out and watch the electronics. I had similar results as everyone else caught a fair number or small walleye, marked a lot, missed a few and lots of fish that didn't bite. I was able to land on 23" eye on a tip-up baited with a nice 5 inch sucker.

Fished in 39' of water, about a mile and half SE of the Yellow Gate.

I trailed my new ice shack I built over the fall up on the 1st of January and dropped that off at the Yellow Gate.

My fishing partner, Rocque, and I put the shack out on Saturday morning. Nice to be able to fish in the wind without having your portable blow away when you get out. Jigged all day with tip ups out with same results, did manage to catch one 15 1/2" eye around 2:00 o'clock on a # 5 clown.

Fished the same spot on Sunday, got out before daylight but didn't start making fish until around 8:15. Jigged al day with tip-ups out, caught 1 small perch, lots of walleye between 5 - 12 inches. Highlight of the day was 28" Northern on a tip-up baited with a 4 inch sucker.

Cooked up the 23 inch walleye on News year eve and the northern and perch tonight.

Be back out this weekend Saturday and Sunday and will get my posts out on a more timely basis.

Good luck fishing!!