PDA

View Full Version : Esox Angler

muskyjerk
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
As I'm sure most of yinz know by now Esox Angler is out of business. I'm a little ticked because I only received 2 issues out of a 2 year subscription. No effort at contact from them and phone calls have resulted in the runaround and now a busy signal. Should I keep my old issues and keep a watch out for people involved w/ this mag so I can be sure I don't give these guys any more money (writers, publishers, etc.) their TV show is still on Fox Sports Pittsburgh so I don't fully believe they don't still have income. What do yinz think?

Red Childress
01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
There was a discussion about this on another board several weeks ago. From the sounds of it, it will be a lost cause trying to obtain any further reimbursement. It was a messy deal with many folks scratching their heads after "things" went belly up.

I was a subscriber as well.

muskyjerk
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
When we closed our tackle shop (Wildwood Sportsmen Shop) we settled all our debt and I not only lost my job but also my home. I imagine The owners of this mag made good money and still have their homes. While they probably never set out to steal our money it would seem there is not a stand up individual in the bunch.

muskyjerk
01-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Just spoke w/ Dave Olson the graphics guy whose company Esox Angler hired.
The owners of Esox Angler are doing nothing currently to resolve the situation. He has gotten many calls the past year concerning the mag but has severed his relationship w/ the mag. The Next Bite has also ended their partnership (Pete Maina's articles were not part of the last issues).

Mr Olson went so far w/ me to make this a good situation as to give me an owners home phone # for the mag. He also expressed his frustration the esox angler has done nothing to notify subscribers or even update their website.

Red Childress
01-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Hopefully your quest for restitution is successful. It sounds like you are a stand-up guy that pays his debts just like "everyone else" should be.

Was your store in the Allison Park area??

muskyjerk
01-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes we were in Allison Park. I was in the booth next to you @ The Butler Fishing Show last year and booked a trip last June. Since I hardly ever reply on the site you probably don't recognize me as muskyjerk but Steve.

As for Esox Angler they are just one of the groups/ people/ contractors that me or someone I knowhas been ripped off by this last year. I'm not perfect but i can still live w/myself. People should stand up for themselves and maybe things like this will happen less.

I will file a complaint w/ the Wisconsin DOJ/ Attorney General. The $ might just buy me the lure I catch my 1st 50+ on but it's more principle than anything.

Red Childress
01-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I did not know that was you Steve. I thought you had the word 'trout' in your username.