PDA

View Full Version : East or West side

HopHead
01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey Ty, guys, gals, and etc,

My family and I are considering coming up to the Chip the last weekend in June to do some Muskie fishing. It'll be out first time there. To make a long story short we don't have a pimped out boat that'll be able to cruise from one end of the flowage to the other quickly. My father-in-law and I are hoping to stay somewhere near a couple good spots that we can get to fairly quickly and then plan our days to explore more of the flowage. I was wondering, at that time of year where would you guys stay?

Thanks

P.S. Ty, do you have any dates available between June 26th and July 3rd.

Snizz
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM
East, the spots are closer to navigate to and there are more spots packed tighter together than on the west side...but then you have to narrow it down to the north or south side of the east side if you want to be very particular...

I love treelands resort...also a big fan of R&R and Deerfoot resorts...there are many more but these are 3 that i usually hit for lunch/dinner/beers...

That's a great time to go too...nice and warm, long days, great fishing...but I warn you, going up there becomes an addiction...

muskymeyer
01-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I would agree with Snizz in going with the north end of the east side and fish no further south than hay creek narrows, unless you want to make a run to Pete's Bar. There are literally hundreds of spots in this area to fish muskies.

Corey Meyer

Trav
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I agree with Snizz and Corey. We usually stay at Siskos (cheap camping) on the west side, but tend to frequently find ourselves back on the mid-east to north-east side much of the time. Might have something to do with thats where Ty took us on whatever most recent trip, but there are A LOT of spots he has shown us and we have found/tried on our own.

trav

Ty Sennett
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
If it's just based on fishing, try to stay in the middle of the lake like at Deerfoot, Big Musky, or Tiger Musky resort. The lake Chippewa Campground is the most central located place to stay if you want to camp. That gives you an oportunity to fish both sides. Anyone who has fished with me knows I put a lot of miles in in one day fishing both sides of the lake. They are both good but the east side definitely has more spots that hold fish than the west. That's not to say the west isn't good. I know someone that crushed them on the west side last year. I didn't do too shabby either over there.

Good luck,