PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day.

Red Childress
12-31-2009, 09:02 AM
New moon, nice snow and warming temps........the ingredients for making this the best fishing day of the month. It sure feels fishy out there to me.

Toothy (Frank) is out on the river today while I will be at Splash Lagoon hanging with my family and some friends from Erie. As I spent the past hour plowing my driveway, I kept thinking about fishing today. (Please do not tell my wife.)

Happy New Year Everyone!

H2O wolf
12-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes indeed... last chance to get one for 2009. I hope to sneak out of work a bit early and find my way to the river!
Splash lagoon wouldn't be bad either.

toothyfishman
12-31-2009, 08:28 PM
I guess it was too good.....never saw a fish!

I'm wondering if everything fed up when the conditions changed last night and was fat and happy today???

Disappointing for sure, but a beatiful day to be on the water.

Anzomcik
12-31-2009, 09:37 PM
I had a good night, 2.5 hours of fishing and i landed a 33 incher. Then i promptly lost my bait to a stump. Thats what you get when you bank fish in the winter.

H2O wolf
01-01-2010, 10:04 PM
It looked too good to be true for us as well. No action for a couple hours of fishing but it was great to get out. It took us about a half an hour to break all the ice at the launch so that was fun. Man that jet really came in handy once we got the trailer in the water we kept spraying up and down side to side and it cleared a path for us.

Red Childress
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
All I did was sit in the front row and watch my kids go nuts on the rides. It was tough to see them at times because of all the mommies blocking my view. (wink, wink) :)

ppalko
01-02-2010, 05:39 PM
We spend a day fishing in the slush flow on the lower Allegheny New Year's eve and managed a small walleye. I'd guess the lower river is going to ice over in the next few weeks given the forecast for highs in the mid 20's and lows in the 10's. There was a lot of slush ice already so I don't think it will take much to freeze.

ppalko