PDA

View Full Version : musky road rules questions...

stushsky
12-30-2009, 03:47 PM
many musky fisherman in western pa that i have spoken to seem to have the same question...what percentage of time yearly do each of the presenters spend fishing western / central pa. waters?

Ivan
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I guess I answered your question on the other thread. Besides the 1/4 to 1/3 of my season that I spend in Western PA, I only take a 1 week trip a year anywhere other than PA, NY, and OH. Most of the places I fish are a 2.5hr drive, or less, from Pittsburgh...that's pretty local in my book.

Todd Young is from the Slippery Rock area and Marc Arena is from the Buffalo area.

Unless you were a guide like Red on a particluar body of water, I can't see spending all your time in western PA with soo many other opportunities around. I just fish where I have had my best success over the years.

That being said though, I think you could get plenty of the local water info. you might be looking for at the Musky Road Rules Clinic. At least that what having the local anglers is designed to bring to the table.

Ivan
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM
If you can't tell, I'm pretty bored at work this afternoon.
Adam

Red Childress
12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Based on the speaker line-up, I bet that a person will be able to get an excellent overview for any type of water you fish.

Marc has PMTT experience and has pounded Buffalo Harbor/Niagara River for many years. Gregg Thomas has fished with success just about anywhere muskies swim. Adam has pretty much perfected the art of trolling for muskies and has a very efficient program keeping multiple lines going all day long as has Gregg. Gregg and Tony will be able to provide you with techniques on what to do when tackling a new body of water because they have over a decade of tournament fishing under their belts.

Lakes, rivers, big water techniques?? They all COULD be adequately covered during this event. Now all the attendees need to do is speak up and get your money's worth by asking questions. Grab one of those guys by the shirt sleeve, get in their ear and ask your specific questions if you are 'crowd shy'. Not getting answers (at an event like this) is unacceptable, IMO.