PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing Help

Steelers
12-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Hello - I will be bringing my family up north on Sat. Dec 26 and wanted to know how the ice fishing bite has been. We have a cabin in the area and I will have two middle school boys who love to ice fish. Any suggestions as to what lakes are doing well and on what bait? We are looking for action on the tip ups! The boys love to catch Walleye and Northern, but if the bite is on for pan fish that is ok too! Any help would be appreciated!

Rob Manthei
12-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Merry Christmas! With all the recent snow(and heavy snow), ice conditions are going in the wrong direction. Wish I could tell you something, but I've been busy with resort stuff and plowing...more snow today...walleye activity was pretty good last week.....however just getting out and around will be work....SLUSH SLUSH SLUSH..use extreme caution if you hed out. I will be looking at ice conditions on Saturday myself....hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Also, I would appreciate if you would log in so we can see who we are talking to.

Thanks,

Steelers
12-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks - it might look better if we do some sledding Saturday and Sunday and look to ice fish Monday + Tuesday! I thought the real big band wasn't going to hit that area. I will let you know how we do. I will be very careful before walking on the ice!. Unless anyone else has any suggestion, this seems like our best plan?

Jim L
12-29-2009, 05:50 PM
ATV went through on West Bay of Little Saint on Sunday with a 10 year old driving. Luckily no one died. 2 knowledgable locals recommended that they not go out with the ATV but they did anyway. Use common sense especially with kids. Lots of light snow on the ice is insulating the ice and slowing ice making. I brought the ice fishing equipment up but didn't risk it. Woods are beautiful with all of the snow.

Take care out there.