PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report Dec 21-22-23

toothyfishman
12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Been out the last 3 days, Monday we got a muskie 33" and missed 2 other fish? Pike Or Muskie?

Tuesday my partner got a SUPER fat 39.5" pike, I got a pike and lost one.

Today we only lasted until noon and all the equipment froze up including us.
I'll get a pic of the pike to Red and have him post it. Can't post the muskie too much "background info"......lol

toothyfishman
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Funny story goes with my partners pike.
I just got a snag close to shore so went to get it, soon as I get it out I cast up the shore and so does he. As I'm bringing my bait downriver I see a nice fish coming fast. I'm said," here comes a big freakin' fish." It was besides my lure but coming towards the boat fast. I saw a funny mark or something on the side of it mouth/head. Partner thinks the fish is after my lure so reels really fast to get outta there, Here the thing had his lure in it's mouth, that was what I saw that I thought was a weird mark. As he reels hard the fish starts back upriver as it sees the boat and it gets hooked.
Must of run slack at him and he never felt a thing.
His first pike ever....he'll fish a long time to top that fattie!

Red Childress
12-23-2009, 03:22 PM
That fish a trophy no matter what pike state you are fishing.

Cool story, Great Fish!

Anzomcik
12-23-2009, 07:05 PM
WOW great fish, you guy will remember that one for a long time. There is a great story behind that one also. Very nice fish. That would make anyones day.

lowbidder
12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow!
That's a real dandy.

RiverRunt
12-24-2009, 03:19 AM
It's funny that you guys both said "WOW", because that is exactly what I said when I opened up the Picture. Nice job.

toothyfishman
12-24-2009, 08:35 AM
This same spot I had seen a big pike early this spring.
I had missed it on a monday, then again on a wednesday, then missed it on friday but it was still following my lure. It hit right at the boat I was ready, saw the whole thing happening. Did the whole kingkong hookset and turned the fish hard, I knew I had him pinned! About 3 good headshakes and it was gone! I'm not 100% sure this is the same fish, I had figured my spring fish to be around 43-45 but maybe I guessed it wrong with the girth this fish had.
I had over guess Brad's when I saw it swimming. Once in the net I said it was a solid 40-41" but stupid girth!!
It was payback time for this slimmy guy. Would of been better if I got it but "the boat" got even.

I should of girth the fish but was getting worried about it with Brad being new at handling these fish it was longer than we normally would take. We go above and beyond what we need to do hurrying and I'm sure the fish is fine but with the cold air and wind......he needed to get back quick as possible.
The least messing around in cold air the better!!!!
Not many pike swimming around like that.

ThreeRiversEsox
12-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Especially after being caught! Nice fish guys, and congrats on getting even!!

Bob S.
12-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Now thats a real nice Pike Frank ! Congrats to your partner and thanks for sharing the pic....Enjoyed pic and story.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy and safe New Year to all !

Bob and Wendy