PDA

View Full Version : Lunker Report

Mat Hegy
12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Ice still remains Spooky in most of the areas I have been fishing showing ice thicknesses in the 2-4 inch range. Caution is still advised and I have heard of a 4 wheeler and a truck going through on LVD in the last few days. I also dropped through on the Eagle River Chain Sat luckly I was near shore. I have been seeing "good" ice in one area and to thin 5 feet away carry your rope, picks, wear your life jacket, and check ice infront of you with a spud. two solid hits with the spud to break through and I will continue on, if it goes through on the first hit I go back. Don't take chances out there it's only a fish.
On the plus side the Walleye bite has picked up and is best late afternoon into the night. Fish 4-15 feet of water outside the weeds or along the weed edge. Rig your tipup with a med. shiner or small sucker.
Northern Pike have been hitting in the same 4-15 feet on large shiners during the day.
Panfish have been alittle slow but perch and bluegills have been taking small minnow and waxies on jig poles in the 4-10 foot range in and around weeds.
Good luck to all and be safe.