PDA

View Full Version : What map chip is best for Eagle?

Coach Rob
12-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Coming up for the first time this summer. Want to know where I am and avoid the reefs (if possible).

Anyone have a preference or information for a Lowrance compatible map chip for Eagle?

Thanks

Rob

Steve Herbeck
12-18-2009, 07:09 PM
coach,
only chip i'm aware of and have used is navionics canada premium.
they were up this spring to do a new updated version but had to hire all canadians and the word was they had trouble finding enough guys with thier own boats and compatable electonics for thier soft ware that weren't already working and ran out of time/funding or something.
no worries regardless,even though by looking at the map the lake looks big and to some imposing it really is fairly easy to navigate and get around.once here we'll go over maps in detail with you before going out highlighting anything to be careful of besides all the current hotspots with daily updates and besides we have everything marked real well on our end that you could hit with visable markers.you'll should be fine.
the recomendation of a guide for the first few days is always helpful also not only for learning diff areas of the lake but to really get you dialed in on patterns and presentations. got a great experienced guide staff here.
see ya soon,
herbie

Coach Rob
12-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I am staying at your place the last week of July. I believe we have the first 2 days booked with guides

My biggest use for the map chips is finiding similar structure once I get on a pattern.

Thanks

Rob

Steve Herbeck
12-26-2009, 06:50 AM
rob,
will be great having you in camp for your first trip here (our goal is to be sure when you leave you're planning your next trip already).
the map chip is ok but not real detailed,about the same as the hotspots map,helpful, shows you the diff areas of the lake,got basic structures and hazards but.....there's a whole heck of alot more not on them,probably at least 10x+ and thats before the info gathered over countless hrs on the water on when to be where in relation to seasonal movements/yearly flucuatuons,weather/wind,spots on the spots,daily/weekly changes,etc.,stuff no map can ever tell you.

you'll learn alot more from the guide dates,orientation seminar,seasonally marked community map in the lodge ,personal map marking and updates,talking fishing over a beer or pop each evening on the daily events with me and the guides,guest instructors,etc. and of course your own personal experiences while utilizing everything.

the map actually will be more and better used for getting back to and from structure and or areas already located or wanting to explore, detailing structure once found and fished by using waypoints/icons to pinpoint weed beds,bars,points,turns,etc.,fish located,etc., in other words helping you relocate spots on the spots once you have an idea how they lay and where fish are using them and of course giving you an idea how to get to and back from diff sections and areas of the lake .
get your hooks sharp!! see ya before you know it.
stop and see us at one of the shows and we'll go over everything.
herbie