PDA

View Full Version : New Inventions anyone??

Red Childress
12-14-2009, 03:26 PM
A couple of items from my "wish list" of inventions I often think about:

1) A fishing rod that is freeze proof (AC/DC current running through the guides preventing icing).

2) A way of recording the radio while driving so you can play it back (or burn to CD) in the confines of your automobile...kinda like TiVo but for your car radio. A little hard drive memory added to the radio allowing you to pause a talk show/music and then resuming when ready.

The winter-net is here so bring it on. :)

toothyfishman
12-15-2009, 06:58 AM
I'd like a leaf/grass/weed proof jet housing!:)

A magic wand that I can wave at the wife and she'll let me fish whenever I want! I got to give her credit she does pretty good, expecially since Jacob has been going lots.

I guess my wants are as crazy as yours Red.....magic wand, no big deal.

Red Childress
12-15-2009, 07:59 AM
You can stretch a piece of "screen door" over the intake to make it MUCH easier to unfoul. Since the holes are so small, they will just float away when the engine is shut down. The downside is that it creates more air bubbles leading to a little more cavitation.

I did it a few years back but only during the leaf-drop phase of early-Fall.....worked pretty well. The hardest thing for my "non-fabrication" brain was securing the screen tight enough that it did not blow off when on plane.

toothyfishman
12-15-2009, 09:10 AM
You know my situation, I'm boardline on plane as it is.
The screen probably wouldn't work for me.

One leaf and I can tell it's slowed, two leaf and it slowed a bunch, three and I'm about off plane and can't do anything.

Good idea though, maybe work for other "jetsters"

Red Childress
12-16-2009, 01:37 PM
How about inventing a way for Toothy to kick my arse from a location 45-miles away?? :)

All I did was NOT wish him a Happy Birthday.

toothyfishman
12-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Maybe my special dinner location JUST GOT CHANGED!!!!

Maybe something in the Warren area.

Jasm2
12-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Id like a 3-5 hp jet motor to put on a 10 or 12 foot jon.

Anzomcik
12-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Id like a 3-5 hp jet motor to put on a 10 or 12 foot jon.

No joke, there was one on ebay not two weeks ago. It was older, but he said it work. It was in conneaut lake area. It might still be on there

Red Childress
12-17-2009, 03:19 PM
They have to be out there because the Mokai's are powered by very small jet engines. The Mokai's (glorified kayak's but wider and more comfortable) push you along at 8-12mph, if my memory serves me.

There is a picture of the 6hp Honda jet engine on the following link:

http://www.mokai.com/specifications.html

Jasm2
12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Yea, ive seen those but 360 lbs is a bit much to drag around for one guy!

Red Childress
12-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Agreed. The cool thing about them is that you can disassemble them in under 60 seconds. Haul the engine to the water and then carry the "boat" with one arm, re-assemble and then you are fishing. I had some clients bring them along for a week long camping trip here last year and they were loving life. These clients have portaged into very remote areas of Alaska and say they are the only way to go. They certainly are not cheap, but apparently worth every penny.

The intake is very similar to and inboard configuration. No intake shoe hanging down below the bottom of the boat to worry about.

vakeith
12-23-2009, 09:01 AM
As for your radio sirius makes a radio that will back up the station you were listening to at least 2 hrs.

As for your other trouble the rod give me few days with the current situation here I have time at nite to work on things like that.....

Red Childress
12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I was suppose to be on the road to Grundy today but after my dad telling me about the current water/power situation down there, I am going to 'play it by ear' and wait until Sunday. Hopefully, things will be ok by then. Dad said he has power but had not taken a real shower since Saturday.....my grandparents have neither water or power.

Good luck with the rod. I bet you could sell a few up here in the land of snow.