PDA

View Full Version : Another "On the Rock" Fish Story

Gunny on the Rock
12-11-2009, 04:14 PM
After seeing some of the other posts I have to share this with you. A sunny afternoon in Sept. while taking a pontoon ride up to the dam we decided to drag a few lures up the river. My dad (80 yrs. old) hollered he was snagged. Soon found out it was a fish he fought for 10 min. when it came up to see it was a Musky. It ran again and we realized we had an issue. Only a walleye sized net. Got it to the boat and ran again, finally a third approach a dip with the net only to find fish hanging out nose and tail. Before we could get to the deck he flopped out. But still on. Fourth pass we got him in the net and with half the fish hanging out got him on the deck when he tore throught net tossed the lure and with a flop while we scambled to dive on him slid back ito the water. It looked just like the fish "wakingchaos13" posted. If you saw the look my dad gave us two net men you would realize that I should not be alive posting this. Afterwards by dad was upset because he said that would have been great poor mans lobster. So, maybe their is a fish god and wakingchaos 13 got a chance to enjoy. I'm glad we got him on deck and can tell this. I know my dad will never forget. He said he couldn't sleep that night just thinking about.
Spin cast rod & reel 10lb. test $30
Hot n Tot Lure $5
Memories on "The Rock" Priceless!!!!

Jerry Tipping
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
That's one reason my reply to my clients when they ask what we are going to catch is: you never know what it is till we get it to (and hopefully into) the net.
It was a trip you will never forget, and that's better than "poor man's lobster".

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Luke McGarry
12-17-2009, 11:05 PM
That's a nice story. It's a good one you will remember.