PDA

View Full Version : 11/28

Jerry Tipping
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I was out on "The Rock" Saturday for about and hour and a half. What a beautiful day to be on the water on the 28th of November. Not a whisper of wind, 48 degrees, no gloves, jacket unzipped and the fish were active. I had about two dozen white bass and 6 walleyes. Nice fat white bass but the walleye were all about 1/8-1/4" short but fun none the less. I wasn’t out to keep just catch. The fish were all pretty deep. 25-30 feet. Live bait rig and minnow worked best. Water temp out from the Boy Scout camp was 43.2 degrees. I hope the weather holds for a while; I'd like to get out at least once more.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Luke McGarry
12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Good for you, Jerry. I'm jealous. I've never been on the Rock after the second/third weekend of Oct. I've always heard that the lake picks up after I leave. :-( Seems like you fish over on my side of the lake often. I had some good luck at the end of my season about a half mile or so east of Alcatraz. Boy Scouts hasn't produced for me in 8-10 years.

Anyway, good for you for getting out. Looks like you might be getting the ice gear ready soon.

Luke