View Full Version : appreciation and thanks to all for the 2009 season from all at AML

Steve Herbeck
11-29-2009, 11:36 AM
After a hectic 7 months the 2009 season has come to a close with our last group of hunters and I returned home back in wi fri nov 20 in time to spend a couple days hunting with danny and friends. Already planning and getting ready for the winter show circuit, the 2010 season,and looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Before I get into the fishing,hunting ,all the happenings during the past season,plans for 2010,etc I sincerely need to take the time to thank all our loyal repeat guests,those who came to visit us for the first time in 2009,and all those who have supported us behind the scenes from the bottom of everyones heart at AML for your support,business,and most importantly your friendships.because of you all 2009 was a success under some trying times.when most tourist businesses were down 15-50%+ some not even opening we managed to stay even and on par with the past 3-4 yrs. while the economy has not 100% fully recovered there are many positive signs and much less negativity in the media and everyone seems to be looking at a more positive new year.
Our repeat guests remained very high but there were some that because of reasons some being financial or uncertainly in it and the many other reasons that go along with day to day life were not able to make it and we missed you however many of the guests who were not able to make it in 2009 have already contacted us with intentions of returning in 2010 and not missing another season. We were fortunate to have a lot of new first time guests and/or those who have not been up to see us in some time to fill the gaps .
that tells me hopefully what we are doing in terms of services,excellent staff and guides,equipment,quality and diversity of fishing/hunting opportunities, all the commitment and hard work ,is what the majority of sportmen and vacationers are looking for these days in the value for their dollar, their over all experience,etc, and we will vow to continue to strive to improve on it each and every year and look forward to spending time with you all for an exciting 2010 season. I encourage any and all who might have any suggestions/constructive critisism on how we can further improve your stay with us to contact via e-mail or phone at any time,as I said it is our ultimate and sincere goal.
Because of the uncertainy on everyones mind going into last winter this past year was the first in 5-6 that we did not remodel or rebuild a new cabin. We already have plans in place to start this fall again with a new cabin #1,boat house/fish house and our own on site boat launch. This will speed up immensely the time needed getting ready for 4wd remote lake trips,fleet maintenance,and much more convienant for those bringing their own boats. we will be busy this winter with some new screened in decks,new dock sections,fixing up the boathouse till this fall,and a gazebo for fish frys and social gatherings. We will be replacing/upgrading 4 guide boats and 4-6 upgrade boats in the fleet for next season as well as new mtrs on all boats.
2010 brochures, newsletters,sportshow schedule,etc. will be finished shortly and will be sent out to receive shortly after the holiday season. There will be some awesome specials I will post shortly for the opener thru june 5 a terrific time for fishing that in the past few years is starting to get overlooked and one we want to show people what they are missing out on and build the repeat cliente for. Also all repeat bookings will receive 09 pricing before jan 1 as well as additional disc’s for opener thru june 5 and sept 11-oct 2.
I will shortly be posting a 2009 seasons fishing/hunting summary,predictions for 2010,etc., as it would make this appreciation post to long so look for it soon.
Again me,danny and family,tessa,and the entire AML staff all want to thank everyone,wish you all a warm ,happy holidays,and look forward to seeing and hearing from you all!!
Steve Herbeck and the entire AML staff