PDA

View Full Version : What are the poor people driving these days??

Frank Walsh
11-29-2009, 10:49 AM
The weather we have been waiting for. Got about a whole 1/2" of snow last night. Had to get the winter ride out, but I'll bet it will sit there a while.

dpear
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
I see you are consistent on manufacturers.Does Johnson make a snomo?Probably only a hand start model.

Very glad to see the training wheels are off this year.

DSmith
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
The snowmobile looks different than last years. Is it so?

Frank Walsh
11-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Same machine......different day.

That's called brand loyalty. Not to mention the two track machines. Maybe I should get a BRP decal for them.

rws
11-30-2009, 05:27 AM
my new ride for this year....2010 Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo EXT...can't wait to get up and ride the lake area

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/rws53/Z1TurboEXT/1_2010ACZ1TurboEXT.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/rws53/Z1TurboEXT/3_2010ACZ1TurboEXT.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/rws53/Z1TurboEXT/2_2010ACZ1TurboEXT.jpg

Frank Walsh
11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Wow!!! Nice ride, but they forgot the windshield. Probably get a few thousand miles on it this season. If it ever freezes.

rws
11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Wow!!! Nice ride, but they forgot the windshield. Probably get a few thousand miles on it this season. If it ever freezes.

I know...they market to the young punks...as a seasoned rider I have more sense so ordered a tall windshield I'll be putting on. 4,700 miles last season with about half of those miles on LOW and surrounding area.

dpear
11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
OK,you want a 'Wow' huh?Here's a 'Cat' with a windshield.Circa 1970s?Circa first ever 'Cat' Cross Country.
They were notorious belt eaters but I'm not recommending my method of carrying extras.:)
This was a Cross Country race in NoDak.

Frank Walsh
11-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Is that sled even moving? Looks like a Jacques Cousteau breathing apparatus.

dpear
11-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Moving?Moving?Supersonic but poor suspension systems bottomed you out on jumps thats all.80's in the 70's but here's 90s in the early 80s.Ta Da,the first liquid coolers!!!!
Real sleds-winning sleds.:)
Plenty of Mille Lacs guys on this board may recognize the scenery.The old Mille Lacs 300 days.Note also the I-500(Winnipeg to St Paul race)ready xtra fuel tank on the back.
Ah the old days,when the tough got rough vs pansie cushioned machine guys of today.:p

Frank Walsh
11-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Ah.....the memories. What's next? The 15 foot Lyman???

dpear
12-01-2009, 07:38 AM
No Lyman,more nostalgia.Just drifting back to the days when it was common to travel with your mechanic.Fast machines,fast mechanics,just a better world in general.Ah the old days!

By the way,you Bombo and Arctic guys might want to skip the last paragraph.Truth hurts.:)

Illinois Dennis
12-01-2009, 08:01 AM
So those were pictures of Betsy on the sled shots, sweet! Dick, do you ride also?

dpear
12-01-2009, 08:26 AM
No Dennis,I'm the mechanic.Certainly you've heard of my legendary skills 'wrenching'.

Frank Walsh
12-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Wrenching your back does not count. Pretty impressive story, although if you're touting Polaris, remember how they got the name:

P.......Pull
O.......Off
L........Lake
A.......And
R.......Repair
I........In
S.......Summer

anglefisherman
12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
As a Polaris employee and a American I will make these comments. Yesterday at work they were boxing up all the gifts that Polaris employees donated to the troops serving abroad. Such as food, games, personal stuff and they all get sent in individual boxes to the troops for Christmas. This is done every year. There is tons of stuff all donated by you American made Polaris company.
I,m sure Bomadier sends stuff to our troops. I think all the machines built nowadays have some mechanical troubles now and then. Even if your statement about Polaris was correct and it isn't, I would rather push my American made Polaris than ride any Bomadier product any day. I realize that we get parts from the same oversees manufactures that the rest do. But unless we Americans try to at least support our few US manufactures, if we can tell who they are, we won't have any so called American Products left. What a Shame that will be.
Its snowing right now in Roseau Frank, So when I,m driving my 1998 Polaris XLKs with 8000 miles on them with no repairs I hope I dont run into you around Oak broke down on that Ski DOO.
Yes its Me
Gar

dpear
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Gar!
Sorry if I started something here,not intended.As you know,there are few better 'Americans' than Frank and Laura.Witness ,Operation Muskie'.
Happy Holidays!

PS I love Polaris's as well though.AND,Franks ATV is one.:)

anglefisherman
12-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Na you didn't start anything. The Old snowmobile controversy has been going on for longer than I have been alive. We had snowjets and ski doos when I was a kid. And I surely wouldn't think any less of someone for owning any brand and surely wouldn't think any less of Bay Store as I wear my Operation Musky shirt. Just wanted everyone to know that we at Polaris support out freedoms and troops as you and especially Frank and Laura. Looks like six inches of snow in Roseau today so happy snowmobiling to everyone. Enough said on this.

Frank Walsh
12-01-2009, 12:24 PM
First religion, then politics. Now snowmobiles. I'm not talking about nothing anymore.

Great to hear of the Program Polaris has with the troops. First I have heard of it from way up here. Sounds like a fantastic program.

Off to get my old Ski-Doo running, and bolt a lot of parts back on it that fell off last winter.

dpear
12-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Was just reviwing this thread and took a good look at your 'Lyman' boat.Very nice.Why don't you refurbish the Whale boat like that and i will use it to pick up guests?

Frank Walsh
12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Aren't you afraid of the speed????

dpear
12-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Nope,been taking driving lessons from Norm.

Frank Walsh
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
No wonder no one will ride with you. He coined the phrase, "Full Speed Ahead"!!!!! And, "Pass The Preparation H".