PDA

View Full Version : first trip to kinkaid - next weekend 12/5

weasel
11-27-2009, 10:59 AM
This will be my first trip to lake kinkaid, and the last trip of the year, maybe.
I don't have the extra money to hire a guide (sorry Chad). But I don't want to waste valuable time fishing unproductive waters. I bought a map and have been reading old posts to learn as much as I can, but nothing compares to first hand experience. So does anybody have a little advice for me? Sure would be appreciated.

Chad Cain
11-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Odds are that it will be a trolling bite by then. With the cold temps coming, that usually pushes the bait out of the shallows and makes them suspend deeper. Best bet is usually the main lake and down by the dam. Just watch your depth finder to see how deep the shad are, and then troll your baits slightly above them. Good luck.

weasel
11-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank you Chad for the infomation. I have 2 more questions, first is how late can you stay out on the lake,are there boat ramp hours? And finally are there any certain color patterns like vertical bars or stripes? I 've read on the site that brown and orange and shad colors are good anything else? I still have time to pick up some new baits. I think I can afford one or two new ones.

Chad Cain
11-29-2009, 09:14 AM
The ramps are open 24 hours so you can stay out as late as you want. As for colors, just experiment with different ones since the water clarity varies quite a bit depending on where you are fishing. Switch between natural and brightly colored baits.

no limit
12-23-2009, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=weasel;43023]This will be my first trip to lake kinkaid, and the last trip of the year, maybe.[/QUOTES

Soooooooooo how'd you do Hope you had a safe trip,looking forward to report