PDA

View Full Version : Cortland Line ?

hawkeye9
11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey guys,

Caught on that you all are believers in Cortland. Been using it and love it. What's the word on "endurance mono" vs. "musky master"? And, what lbs. are you guys using? Recently bought another spool. Not thinking about what I had previously, I picked up 45lbs and not thrilled about the little amount of line I can get on a couple of my reels. Apparently I had bought less lbs. before and have had no problems with backlashes or feeling like I couldn't quickly get a fish in the net in order to avoid undue exertion. Are their any applications that you use something different for?

Thanks for your thoughts, in advance!

Chad Cain
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
I really just like the Cortland Spectron. I think they may have re-named it to Master Braid. I have been using the 80lb green for about 12 years now and have NEVER had a problem with it. I do not like the Musky Master at all, since it is dacron line that is very thick and it stretches almost as bad as mono.

hawkeye9
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks Chad...I should have responded sooner...sure enough that's exactly what I did...bought the dacron by accident...as if I shouldn't of noticed immediately...must have had my head my @#%...thanks...got things in order again though...haven't been out much at all...but I haven't given up for the winter...I'll be out a few times trolling krushers and jakes...I'll try and let folks know what happens...good luck at the shows.