PDA

View Full Version : Saturday vs. Sunday

Red Childress
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
I did not fish on Sunday but Saturday was a pretty hot bite for us. I was just wondering if anyone noticed a difference in fishing success between those 2 days??

Thanks!

ppalko
11-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I was on the river two Sat. ago (Nov 14, bright sun) and my 12 year old daughter and I had a great trip with numbers of fish similar to what you describe Red. Fewer walleyes and more trout as we were targetting trout. I think the "magic" water temp has been finally reached from the ouflow and unless other factors enter in like really nasty weather as coming after Thanksgiving, fishing should be on the upside for awhile. Water temps are still in the low 50's which is kind of crazy for this time of year if you ask me. At this rate, the 40's will last well into late December. According to the resident meteorologist at my school, look for a big time nasty weather change some time in December/Early January with very cold temps and serious snow. With Lake Erie as warm as it is, lake effect might be insane in December. Red, I imagine you've been using stick baits. Large spinnners (#5 mepps long blade) that I make have been my ticket for the two trips I've been lucky to take.

ppalko

toothyfishman
11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
No fishing saturday, busted trolling motor 2 hours into sundays trip.
Both days sucked for me!!!

Unbreakable shaft........yea, right!

Red Childress
11-24-2009, 08:02 AM
This coming Saturday and Sunday will be vastly different than last weekend for sure. In reading some fishing reports across the US, it appeared Saturday had an intense feeding window which is what we noticed as well. There was one boat (Wisconsin) that had 9 fish up and 2 hooked at the same time while casting between noon and dark.

We probably had action from 14-16 fish (walleye and trout) between 1:30pm and dark with another 4 boated between 7:30 and 9am.......all the walleye were legal to boot!