PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

jah1317
11-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Went to Cussewago today for 1/2 hour to test out my improvised "helidog" (thank you polish pike for the idea) and ended up catching my first on rubber. Not a big fish (27-28") but good little fight and the first fish I have gotten to get my picture with... lot's of firsts today. Also got my reel and rod slimed for the first time. Life is good!

Anzomcik
11-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Good fish, congrats on catching it on a home altered bait. I know right where you are at, i launched there once thinking you can go to meadville. Well i was very wrong beat the boat up a little. Nice fish

Red Childress
11-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Congrats on your "homemade" fish. Looks like there is a ton of fishing pressure around you.....gotta love musky fishing during deer season. :)

jah1317
11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I cheated and fished from the launch, just mainly was trying out some new lures. I was my wifes birthday so I could not go long and was planning on not mentioning it at all but with the catch I could not keep my yap shut ;-). Oh well, she did not mind. You can get to meadville that way but your only going to have a shred of boat left by the time you make it there deep holes then inch's of water it's a wierd little stream. I am planning on asking santa for a spare prop this christmas I just have a feeling.

Take care,

Jacob

jah1317
11-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Hit it again today for another 1/2 hour and stuck a fat 36"er and rolled another smaller fish. Did not get a girth on her, tried but she was ready to leave, got mud and water all the way up my jeans upon her exit. Went home with a smile but wife was not as excited.... Oh well!

Jacob