PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you....

Red Childress
11-18-2009, 01:36 PM
How many times have you raised/caught the same fish?? Could be the same day or multiple day/year encounters.......

RapRunR
11-19-2009, 04:33 AM
This sounds like a stretch but it's true. My buddy Jack caught a 32" musky. The lure was really stuck in the side of it's mouth and after using the pliers it left a red mark on it's mouth. 15 minutes later i caught the same fish with the same mark. We thought wow that fish is really hungry to be hooked, netted and released and to bite so soon. 45 minutes later Jack caught the same fish for a 3rd time. 1 hour, same fish, in the net 3 times. I still think no one to this day believes us but Jack and i know better. We'll never forget it !!

Anzomcik
11-19-2009, 06:19 AM
It is hard to top the post before me... But i know for facts i have raised the same fish several time. I fish in very small water alot of the time and you start to get to know where the "homes" of some fish are. Some times i will have the same fish hit a few times a trip, for multiple trips.

Chris Streich
11-19-2009, 11:32 AM
One time while trolling crawler harnesses i hooked a walleye and while reeling it in my partner thought he had a bite. Ended up the same fish took both harnesses and was hooked by both, and we were fishing off opposite sides of the boat!

river rat 83
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
It happened to me once, I caught the same pike that my brother caught the previous day. It had a chunk taken out of its back from one of his hooks.

toothyfishman
11-19-2009, 12:12 PM
One summer we caught a pike that was missing the lower part of it's jaw on one side, big chunk out of it's back. Very easy to ID the fish. We caught this fish 3 times over the summer in the same spot, same hole, same log jam.
Like a 28" incher.

2005 first day of the muskie season I catch a fish that was right around 43" fish was hooked badly and had to do some hook cutting. glitteroil/orange bulldawg. The next friday, 6 days later, opposite side of the bay I catch another nice fish, I get a good measurement at 43.5" on the same color bull dawg.
Had a ole' school camera so when I develop the pics it was the same fish. The markings on the fish were perfect. I was glad I was wearing a different coat or no one would believe me. This fish had several markings that were easliy picked out. 100% sure it was the same fish.

Catch and Release works!

Let'em go.......Let'em grow!!!!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
11-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I've had it happen twice with pike, nothin to write home to mom about though...