PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Lake Kinkaid

Muskie
11-17-2009, 11:08 PM
I live in Missouri and really want to fish Lake Kinkaid. I have fished rivers and small lakes for the alusive muskie. I have a 14ft john boat with a ten horse power motor. Would I have any problems fishing this lake? Are there any muskie in any connecting streams or creeks? Where should I begin my hunt at Lake Kinkaid?

Esox masquinongigantis
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Muskie-
The lake is well into turnover...maybe already done in fact. (The lake has cleared up quite a bit and the weeds near the top are brown and wispy...which is very typical of post turnover conditions) The experts may want to chime in here...but that is just my $.02. Also, fishing seems to be heating up. Yesterday morning my buddy and I went 1/3 with a 33" landed. My buddy lost a high 40's on a figure 8. If I were you I would try fishing weeds, as muskies still seem to be relating to these. If you can troll, I would also give trolling the breaklines a try as well as the main basin over open water. Hope this helps.....Good luck!

Adell
11-18-2009, 01:20 PM
There are plenty of bays on the lake to get out of the wind if it picks up. Plenty of fish in them. Your 10hp motor is probably a great trolling motor if it is maintained. Enjoy fishing Kinkaid and remember to release your hog, so I can catch him next year!