PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Friday..Six fish

AFchris
11-15-2009, 08:17 PM
My dad and I fished veterans day and it was tough!!! I was able to grab one 33'' but that was about it.

I decided to give my dad an early Christmas gift and what a gift it turned out to be....

Friday Chad took my Dad and Uncle out and lets just say they put some fish in the boat! A grand total of 6 fish were boated. A personal best for my uncle and two nice ones for my Dad. They had a great time and I had to listen to fish stories all weekend. Thanks again Chad, my dad said you guys were throwing top water and the fuzzy duz-it all day :D

I think I set a pretty high bar for future gifts, I might have outdone myself

See ya on the water

hawkeye9
11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow...I fished Friday from 6:00 to 2:00ish. Spoke with a couple of guys and they all had about the same luck as me. Bad. Tell me that a window broke open late in the day and I'll cry. I really didn't have to go was just tired of seeing nothing. Moved one fish early in the morning and another late morning, but neither were really that interested.

The water is stilll stained pretty bad in Johnson's. A bit clearer but still not very good. With rain coming down today can't imagine it'll improve much. With your report I suppose I was too locked-in on what I was doing with spinners and should have tried a bit more. The action early in the morning that I had been seeing was tamed quite a bit Friday. A few shad getting busted but not much.

Quick question: The Nutbuster color "carp" is that the bright orange, body and blade?

One more question: As the water cools more and more I've had a bit of luck on bulldawgs, but I don't see or hear many guys talk about a bulldawg bite. Any thoughts?

Chad Cain
11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey Hawkeye,

We ended up doing pretty well that day in the afternoon. We got three fish in the last hour of the day. 44" was the biggest.

The orange carp is a brown and orange skirt with a orange blade. Good color on Kinkaid. The biggest fish this fall for me came on that color.

As for the bulldawgs, they are always a good bait on Kinkaid. After the water cools off more, and more fish pull off the bank and on the breakline, then it is a really good bait. I like the mag dawgs then, since they get a little deeper. Once the water really cools down, then the fish move out to deeper water and chase the suspended bait. Unfortunately, most of the action comes trolling then.

Good luck. By the way, wait to you see how muddy the water is again up north from these recent rains!!!