View Full Version : That's Musky Fishing.....

Ranger Rick
11-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Had Ron Andrews again yesterday, it is a good thing we had a banner day Thursday, we never saw a fish on friday. Fished on Kentuck Lake and she was pretty dead. Wind was from the south, southeast. There were 7 boats on the lake, by 1.30 pm there were only three left ,,,,,,on a Friday afternoon. That is what I call a tough bite.

I only heard of one boat catching fish out there yesterday, they were in 10 feet of water. Caught a forty three incher, and they missed two more in the same spot. All were sucker bites. I believe those were males "hunting in a pack" as males do in late fall. All the action for those guys as over in 20 minutes and they were "inside" some of the good weedbeds.
Talked to many other fisherman yesterday and they to had only a small fish or no action at all around here. When Mother Nature shuts them down for a day she does a big job at it.
The best report came from a guy that was fishing way up in the U.P. of Michagan that caught a 47 incher and lost one over 50 inches, but he was on a lake way up north, so far north that he can see Lake Superior from the landing.
Today I'm working Guides Choice, but back on the water tomorrow.

By 3:30 there was only one other boat on the lake.

Today I'm working Guides Choice, but back on the water tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more up to date action as long as we have open water.

Isn't anyone else fishing out there????

Ranger Rick