PDA

View Full Version : Big Low Pressure System Coming

Red Childress
11-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Looks like this big L-pressure front that is crawling up the coast could create a "big fish" feeding window this weekend. NW PA is suppose to stay pretty dry but there will be some thick clouds spinning off of this massive storm front blocking the sun all day Saturday and mostly cloudy on Sunday.

Good luck!

ttabaleulb
11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
It looks like I might get to fish both days this weekend. I'm gonna chuck those monster 12" flies and see what might be interested!!

As Red said, good luck to everyone!!

toothyfishman
11-14-2009, 08:20 PM
We managed a super fat 37.5" incher trolling late in the day, that was it.

We did see and help out some walleye guys that landed a 49" on 10 pd. line.
Super fat fish! They had it out of the water forever! They released it, I had my doubts knowing how long it was out but the big ole' gal made her way back to the depths!

Eyes all bloodshot and fins were getting all red. It was pretty stress with a long battle and laying on the floor of their boat so long.

Delayed morality maybe? But....at least she has a chance. Beautiful fish

Red Childress
11-15-2009, 07:23 AM
So much for the cloudy skies on Saturday. :)

I ended up helping Charlie with his walleye/musky clients yesterday. Since they wanted to fish for both species, I took Henry the first half of the day for muskies while Charlie took Don chasing walleye and then we switched at lunch time. Charlie's boat did pretty well hitting a limit of "jigged-up" walleye and a couple of pike. My boat trolled Cornplanter and Sugar Bay without a sniff.

Toothy's retriever saved the day 4 different times!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I was out both day's lifted one late saturday and boated a 30'' lunge today.

JIM T
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
sure would be great to be a ''weatherman''.they can't predict the weather even if they look out the window! AS FOR THE FISHING THIS WEEKEND, we got a few bass and walleye. Did a lot of casting for m&p with some of the new reels and lures but no luck. Did see a fair number of boats sat. and sunday both,also seemed that we were the only boat using lures.yeah,they were catching a fair number of fish using minnows and worms, we could follow the trail of floating fish . we did manage to revive one of the floating walleye. All in all, a great weekend to be on the water with my grandson.

JIM T
11-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Just wanted to say that using bait is fine,I have used & will use bait. I don't want to start a debate on lures vs live bait. Just wanted to let you know that we were finding dead or floaters today. Would be nice if people would set the hook before its been swallowed and halfway out it's backend.Do things quickly and get it back in the water,make sure it can swim away.

Anzomcik
11-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Went to PI yesterday hoping for some action, had real strong west south west blowing up there. My partner was going bassin and i was muskie, in 5 minutes time he had 4 follows on his bass spinner bait (could have been same fishs multiple follows, at least two different fish) So i lob out my bait and next to the boat this four footer swings and misses my bait. These fish were hot for that five minutes activity like i have never seen. Then as fast as it turned on it shut right down. Thats fishing, we managed 2 bass and a pike on that trip.

ttabaleulb
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I apparently missed ANY sort of feeding window over the weekend. I casted my arm off and the only thing I saw was a follow from a small pike or pickerel. I was so psyched when I got on the water and saw tons of baitfish pods right at the surface. Unfortunately, just couldn't seem to find the toothy critters. I am gettin used to casting these monster flies, so thats a plus. LOL

On a side note, if anyone plans to hit Raystown this Fall, be sure to check which boat launches you'll be able to access. The one that I normally use was WAY too shallow even for a little 14' Jon Boat. Took me about 30minutes to get to another. Ultimately, it was a beautiful weekend to be out and about. Guess I'll take that for now. :)

Red Childress
11-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I sure did not hit any feeding windows on Saturday but then again I was fishing for the 'needle in a haystack' on the Reservoir. :)