PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

hawkeye9
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Honored the Veterans yesterday by fishing (I made several calls to thank servicemen in the evening). I'm surprised that Johnson's is still so stinking muddy. Feeding windows still remain small. Best action for me has been first thing after the sun breaks. Had a swipe from a pig in the fiqure 8 (mid 40's and fat) and ten minutes later a low 40's - high 30's tried eating my bait before it hit the water. Action in the cove I was fishing remained obvious for about a half hour. Then nothing. Did land a 28 inch skinny fish, but that was hours later under bluebird skies.

I was wondering about the guide teams normal movement on the lake. What I mean is that I've seen several boats pulling into the no wake early in the day. With the main lake being so much clearer is this just to show guys around the lake or do guys feel the fish can still be moved back there?

I'm the guy in the G3 without an outboard at the moment. Just purchased a new 4-stoke 60 Yamaha but it won't be hung on the boat for another month or so. (Some strange circumstances.) Anyway, it will leave me close to the creek for another 5 weeks.

Like I said, starting to see some action again and I know it will only improve in the weeks to come as long as the water keeps clearing (shad abundent). But just surprised that so many folks would be on that water right now as dingy as things are.