PDA

View Full Version : New Row Troller - Maiden Voyage

Pete Stoltman
11-09-2009, 11:02 PM
As promised on last nights RFRG Outdoor Radio show I put the new boat in the water for the first time today. My friend Diane from the Musky Shop came along to observe the proceedings and snap a few photos. The boat is everything I hoped it would be and rows like a dream. Even with the old stock oars I had her moving at a pretty good clip. No fishing on this trip, just a chance to feel out the responsiveness of the boat and make sure everything was sealed tight and seaworthy. If the nice weather continues I just might get her out to do a bit of fishing before the ice sets in.

Spaskie
11-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey Pete,

Das Boot looks very nice. Thanks for sharing the picks.
It has to be a very nice way to experience the water this or any time of year.

Joe

Sid Chigger
11-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Lookin good, Pete!!!

Pete Stoltman
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys. I just had my first accessory delivered that should work well. I got a Granite Gear underseat stowaway pack (aka "junk drawer") to keep stuff like first aid kit, suntan lotion, camera, bug spray etc. I picked this up from Piragis canoe outfitters in Ely, Mn. The thing suspends under the seat with some nylon straps. It's out of the way and won't get wet. Next on the schedule is to get it over to some folks to measure up for a cover and possibly some custom upholstered seat cushions.

Jeremy Hopland
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Boy, that guy in the boat looks like he just stepped out of an LL Bean catalog... :D

gfisch
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Pete,

Looks like a great boat. Looking forward to hopefully fishing with you next fall and getting some musky slime inside of that nice clean interior.

gfisch

"Hey Schmales, you scratched my anchor !!!!!!!!!"

Rodney Dangerfield..........Caddyshack

Muskie Matt
11-14-2009, 06:58 AM
"What's with this hat... but it looks good on you though"... RD-Caddyshack

Any ideas on a name for her yet?

Sid Chigger
11-14-2009, 07:48 AM
While we're at it:

"Hey Moose, Rocco... Help the judge find his checkbook, will ya?" - Dangerfield - Caddyshack

ToddM
11-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Pete is just doing this so he can wear his sleeveless Rollie and Helens work shirts at the sport shows this winter to show off his new guns!

Pete, looks like a cool rig and I hope it gets slimed soon and often!