PDA

View Full Version : Makin baits, what do you guys think?

Anzomcik
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I can not take all the credit i just put them together. The main bodys are redoctober tubes. The first was a ninja tube, and i was able to rig somewire and jig head, 5/0 treble and a twister tail that matched perfect and i have a new glide bait (still working on the weighting)

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/anzomcik/1001091710a.jpg

This was another red october tube the smaller one and i machined a wood core and screwed on the lip and two 4/0 trebles and it has action like i have never seen before in a bait. a real wide and hard thumping wiggle and the two legs just a fluttering. This one will have teeth marks in her this year.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/anzomcik/1017091335.jpg

I am a machinest/welder by trade, and love to make stuff for my hobbies. I will be posting soon when i finish it my new idea on landing nets (it has alot of work done to it)

jah1317
11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Pretty darn cool baits, the one effectivly is a jimmy but proably holds together better but I do like the soft hogwobbler that thing probably makes a heck of a ruckus! I would be willing to "test" one of those if you ever need somebody to.

Good luck!

Jacob

Red Childress
11-16-2009, 08:00 AM
I like the idea of the wooden core. We have been playing around with a 'true' weedless version of the Tubes but I cannot get things exactly the way I want them so I gave up.

If you need a bait tester, count me in as well. :)

ToddM
11-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Very cool. I bet you could make a walk the dog topwater bait from the tube as well.

Red Childress
11-18-2009, 07:57 AM
I saw on another site that there was someone putting wooden cores in the big tubes as well. The benefits of this was having a stronger anchor point for the trebles and a more horizontal presentation when fishing weed tops and shallower water.

trout_tapout
01-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Cool ideas guys! We always hear about guys rigging the tubes different ways, and that is part of the fun of it - at least for me anyway. Rigging the tube up the way you like adds a personal touch to it kinda.

We have also heard of guys adding pieces of cork from wine bottles, glued together. Not sure how that works though cause I haven't had a chance to try it yet... but the corks fit inside the tubes nicely.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the comments on the tubes!
Josh K-

Anzomcik
01-19-2010, 05:58 AM
I did not think this post would be brought up again so i deleted the photos. Maybe i should re post