PDA

View Full Version : Monona info 11-08-09

rk_diver
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Did a dive on Monona this afternoon. I found a fiberglass boat yesterday with the side scan and dove on it today. In 53 FOW, sitting at a 45° angle, engine buried in the silt, upside down. There were a bunch of little bluegills inside it. There was also an old life boat cushion inside that I set free. If someone finds it that's what it looks like after over 30 years underwater! Minimum water temp at 53' was 50°F. The first 30' of the water column wasn't too bad, below that and it was like someone turned off the lights. Most of the photos I took didn't turn out because of the thick algae particles.

Yesterday I saw a few schools of fish with the side scan. Dropped the camera down and saw a flash of what looked to be a nrothern or muskie. Thinking the school might be perch of gills, and the toothy critters were foloowing them around, I ran through them again, this time with the video camera connected to the Aqua-Vu. Turned out they were toothy critters all right, Gar. Saw at least four good sized schools, fish themselves didn't look very big. Oh well, it was still cool seeing them all stacked together like this.

laylaz
11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I always enjoy Your posts...interesting and informative..