PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Chapter Update - NTTC Lake Tawakoni Cathfish Tournament - Reults

Jeremy Hopland
11-08-2009, 05:44 PM
We had 22 teams show up for our kick off tournament on Tawakoni. Day started out overcast and 54 with winds out of the south at 6-10mph. Few teams that I spoke with were on solid 5-10 pounders early and looking for cull fish and the kicker. Received a call from one of our anglers who had a misfortunate accident when he fell into the lake. I met him over at the Fish-N-Store to weigh-in his fish so he can get home and into warm dry clothes. Anglers started showing up for weigh-in at 2:15 with their fish. Ended the day with 575.64 lbs ran across the scales.

1st place was the team of Don Davis & Scott McKnight that took home $440 with a stringer of 108 lbs.

2nd was Jason Moore & Mike Burnett with 65.10 lbs and took home $220

Lamar Evans can in 3rd with 62.10 lbs and $132 for his efforts

Brad Pauling & Jeremy Gatlin came to the scales with 40.40 lbs and received $88

5th- Jered & Dusty Mounger each received a Pro Angler Tackle Doug "Tex" Elliot signature series rod

6th- Erich Wilson & James Olsen received a Joy Fish cast net from justcastnets.com

7th- Doug Elliot & Chase Gibson received a box of 2oz no roll weights from Weights By Chase

8th- Greg Paver & Cody King received a box of 2oz no roll weights from Weights By Chase

9th- Mickey Petree & Steve Nelson received 15 of 6/0, 7/0 and 8/0 Pro Angler Circle Hooks and floats

The big fish was a close race this tournament less that 1/2 of an ounce was the difference.

Big fish- Don Davis and Scott McKnight 52.20 lbs took home $220

I would like to thank all of the anglers who came out to fish today. Special thanks to our sponsors Pro Angler Tackle, justcastnets.com, Weights By Chase, Finny Tribe, and the fine folks at Fish-N-Store who went out of their way to make sure the store was open early for our boat check/meeting, for the anglers to get bait and allowing us to hold our weigh-in there.

To those that attended the gathering the night before at Anchor Inn a special thanks for the awesome food. Big County BBQ went out of their way to provide some mighty fine brisket and sausage.

Our next tournament will be on Lake Lavon Jan 9th.

Please visit our website for pictures from today’s tournament and information on future tournaments. http://www.northtexastrophycats.com/

-Posted by Ken Allison - President of NTTC on the Lake Lavon Fishing Forum http://www.lakelavonfishing.com/

Well, I'll call into the show tonight and give an update, but needless to say, you don't see our names on the list of the top 9 teams :mad: but I can tell you we didn't come in dead last either :D

It turned into a pretty nice day, started out in the low 50's and ended in the mid-70's, with maybe a bit more wind than I would have liked. The lake we were on is about 29,000 acres, so when the wind gets above about 10mph, and it was blowing at least 20mph by 10:00am, it gets a little dicey.

Our next tournament is January 9th at Lake Lavon (my home lake), so I'm hoping for a bit better result, something to make the RFRG guys proud.

-Jeremy Hopland, RFRG Lonestar Chapter President

Pete Stoltman
11-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey Jeremy, don't be discouraged. You'll get 'em next time. Them "whiskered walleyes" aren't as easy as some of us Yankees might think they are. Unless you're doing it for a living the best part of tournaments is the friendships you'll develop and probably pick up some good knowledge along the way. Thanks for the report and good luck.