PDA

View Full Version : RFRG 11/4 Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Muskie Matt
11-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Been a typical fall muskie bite. Shorter feeding windows but action can be great for that 1-3 hour "window". Trick is you have to be out there on the water to catch that feeding spell. You never know just when that window will open on any given day. I've been bouncing around lakes quite a bit, that's pretty typical for me this time of year... Plum, Tom, Crab, Twins, Banana, the Chains... fish are heavy now, even the smaller 36in fish are chubby little fellers. You can have a pretty good size fish on and underestimate its length by 4-5 inches because it looks so thick compared to its length. Jerk baits, crank baits, and live suckers have been working best for me. Anyway you look at it, it's an adventure this time of year. They're a hard fish to catch, weather is a dominant factor on both fish and fisherman, and the search isn't an easy task.... but it's hoot!
Oh, and water temps are running 36-46 depending on where and when you're on the water.

I've also been out doing some scouting in the woods and I'm beginning to find deer scraps and rubs. Not a lot yet but it indicates the bucks are starting to get competitive for does in the area, which signals the start of the fall rut. Be careful in your cars, they get stupid this time of year... the girls are running and the guys... well, they're guys and they can be just plain stupid when it comes to girls... like other species...