PDA

View Full Version : Poolside Seminar

Chad Cain
11-04-2009, 06:33 AM
I have the poolside seminar this winter at the Chicago Muskie Show, and am looking for some ideas as to what people would like to see. Any suggestions??

JimB
11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Bikini clad babes at pool side would make it more interesting!

muskellunged
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I wanna see ya do a full figure eight after every cast, and occasionally sharpen a hook, too! But as far as baits go- the Krave and the RevShad.

JTH453
11-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Chad,

As was a big topic of interest on Saturday (as Pete knows very well), the proper figure 8 technique would be an interesting topic. I think a big thing I took from last weekend was setting the hook back into the fish during a figure 8 strike. Maybe throw in some technique on the "L-turn" and when it is applicable. Something I wouldn't mind seeing or learning is how various lures react differently in a figure 8 (topwaters vs. bucktails, etc) and how to overcome their differences. In addition, your technique for sticking the rod completely in the water when a "hot fish" comes in on the figure 8 was helpful.

Also, as I learned on my spring trip, the proper technique for working a glider bait was extremely useful. I think others would find your presentation of a glider bait very helpful. I think going through the "pause" technique where the glider bait essentially stands in place was great.

Just a couple ideas from things I learned from you this year that I thought others would appreciate.

Jeff

AFchris
11-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I'd have to agree with Jeff, I would like to see you throw some glide baits. Are you speaking again this year chad?

Chris

Chad Cain
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, I will also be doing a seminar at the Milwaukee Muskie Show on early spring muskies.

AFchris
11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention the crave as well. Lets see what that baby can do!!!Its not fair that your the only one chucking it on kinkaid haha! See you on the water tomorrow