PDA

View Full Version : Thames/St Clair Report

Rob VanGorder
11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I took a long weekend and hauled the boat up to the Thames River this past weekend. Mark took off for the St. Lawrence Sunday and asked me to post a report from our trip.

Friday 10/30 we were 7 for 7 in my boat: 43.5, 41.5, 40, 42.5, 46, 40.25, 46. The front was moving in but conditions were good. Chuck and George jumped on with me to show me around a little bit in the morning before they took off to head home. George got a 47 in Mark's boat before doing so. Mark had to wrap up the Belle River fall food drive and then came back to jump on with me in the afternoon. We got our fish on sledges, kriscos and grandmas.

Saturday 10/31 we went 3 for 5: 39.25, 38, 40. Randy came up Friday night to fish with Mark and me Saturday. Front moving through and 40+ mph winds kept us in the river most of the day. Saturday's action was on a bucktail, grandmas and an alleycat.

Sunday 11/1 we got skunked by the muskies. Wind died down, post frontal and bluebird. Randy had an extremely violent strike on an alleycat but it didn't stay pinned. The highlight of the day was Randy catching a 29" pike that hit the weed catcher (a hook with the points/barbs clipped off) three foot ahead of the lure.

All in all, a great weekend. Thanks to Mark for his hospitality and help. Some pics from the weekend:

Mark Steinert
11-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time. congrats. I love the pic of the pike on the weed catcher.

St Clair Hound
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
WTG guys, nice fish.

Brian Culbertson
11-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Nice fish!!!!!!