PDA

View Full Version : Bite was good...leaves/wind were not.

Red Childress
11-01-2009, 07:05 AM
A full day trip turned into a half day yesterday as the 25-35mph winds pulled leaves off trees/shoreline by midday. The wind was so strong it was blowing us upriver against a pretty strong current.......we were doing a multi-species trip chucking thundersticks along flooded shoreline structure catching a few nice walleye. The further we got from the Dam, the worse the leaves got. Almost every cast had a "leaf fish" attached to the bait. I also had the pleasure of fishing with a fever of 103.3. :)

Larry Jones
11-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Red,103.3 Temp not good for adults,I hope your not now getting the Flu as well. I hope you shake it soon!

allegheny river kid
11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
103 is real high. Hope your feeling better soon. The river down this way was full of leaves thursday thru saturday evening and muddy and about 2 ft above normal, sunday evening was manageable with leaves. Still managed to move some fish in the evenings but no takers unfortunately.

Red Childress
11-02-2009, 06:19 AM
I felt like crapola for sure but getting better slowly.......now my 5 yr. old has it.

The only reason I did not cancel the trip was my client just got back from Iraq and is heading back in Jaunuary. Like I told him, if he can sleep in the desert, get shot at and breathe sand for 12 months, the least I can do is get my sorry arse out of bed and take him fishing........so I did but just barely. :)