PDA

View Full Version : October 23 Report

Ken Jackson
10-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Water temps are in the 42 to 47 degree range now and it has been raw out there. Tough to stay out all day without taking a break.

Some excellent fish are still moving, but feeding windows are somewhat small. There is a distinct bite starting around 11 am for an hour or so, and a briefer one around late afternoon close to 4 pm.

Had 4 fish in the last two trips. Jeff and Ryan popped their cherries and both got 38 inchers. Ken got a 42.5 and his buddy Ralph got a handsome 48 incher. Their friend Jim also got his first, a 37 incher with Mike kaminski in Mike's boat. All were on suckers.

Really crappy weather in the next 48 hours coming. Hopefully the fish will reward all of us.

Ken

Jim L
10-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Boy you guys put in some long days this weekend. Waited around at Fibbers til 7:30 to ask you a few questions but you still weren't back yet. Pretty crappy day to be out all day on Friday.

Ken,
I used your techniques and my nephew got his first fish, a nice 37" on Saturday. Fish came back after I set the hook the 1st time and missed him. I dropped the sucker back and he hammered it. Smaller suckers had more action as we missed another one on small to medium and the mambo went untouched.

Rob,
I have been using your hooking rig the last two weekends. Do you put a piece of plastic on the end of the hook to keep the hook in? My barbs aren't very pronounced and the hook slides out when I get a bit of weeds on it.

We'll be up again on Wed. night so hopefully talk to you then.