PDA

View Full Version : Official Dick Smith fall LOTWs fishing report...

Illinois Dennis
10-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Well Dick, that was a pretty good trick posting on the 50" thread, had me going for a few minutes till I read the post. I'm sure of a few things, good food & friends for your trip.

Now, if you could just keep Frank in jerky, you might just break your record. Hope you post some pictures, everyday.

Illinois Dennis
10-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Well you have da BEARS on Sunday Night Football, fine food and friendship after a long day on the water.... nothin gets better than that. Even da BEARS showed up to play but fell a bit short in a tight game.

Wonder how the fishing has been in the unpredicable weather?

Frank Walsh
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
The Bears blew it. Turnovers, and penalties. Looked like a high school game.

Your wish is my command............

Frank Walsh
10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
And a few more..............

Illinois Dennis
10-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the pictures, lots and lots of fish for Dick. Man does that shoreline look familure. Looked like a busy trip.

johnkersting
10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Frank, What day are the pictures from with Dick? Monday? Both Jimmy B. and I had to pull out Monday morning. It would figure the fish would turn on right after we left, always a day late and a dollar short. We did get out Monday first light for a few hours, but nada. Did cast that Hellkat you sold me a few times, think it will work great for casting over the top of weed beds, gotta fish it pretty slow though. What are the actual dates for next years OP Muskie, wife and I are interested in helping out with whatever. First week of Aug? Is the Angle Blueberry Fest that next weekend?

Frank Walsh
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
We got 3 fish Sunday, 5 Monday, and 2 Tuesday.

Right with the Hellkats. They are a finesse bait that has to be worked slowly.

First week of August for OM III.

DSmith
10-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Dennis,
Here is the official from our trip.
Sunday 36, 38, 41
Monday 36, 41, 41, 46, 47
Tuesday 42, 47
Wednesday My choice where to go, I made mistake and will pay from Frank -0
Thursday 40, 44, 45

No 50+ for this trip but a great time with Frank and John. One of the best considering the great weather we had. We did not loose any Musky due to poor hookups. We all did our job. Many Pike were caught but none were measured for the 40" mark. I tried to fight Frank to Jig for Walleye,when they showed up on the screen, but heis the captain and we did not stop. No doubt some of them exceeded 30" MAYBE. If anyone would like to finish up their fall fishing they should consider getting Frank to take them to his favorite fishing spots. Thank you Frank for one of the best trips I had to Bay Store Camp. Too bad about the NY Strips vs Italian Beef had to surface. See you in January and thanks to Laura.

DSmith
10-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Believe it or not Dennis, we did not raise a fish from your favorite spot. Everytime we tried to troll the area someone was already there. We did get to try 1 1/2 times. Your fish must have moved _ _ _ _ or _ _ _ _ _. Do you recognize the shoreline?

Illinois Dennis
10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Dick,
I don't know if Frank told you the whole story on that spot. He keeps trying since it looks like a great spot but.........

I had to laugh on the part where you got to pick where to fish; been there done that too. Better to leave it up to The Mystic if you know what I mean. Way too much going on that lake to understand why certain spots are productive on any given day. You caught a LOT of fish on your trip! Upper 40's as well, very nice fish.

And when has the muskie cap on, you don't get to stop for walleyes..... ever.

Some of that shoreline did look pretty familiar