PDA

View Full Version : October 15th report (great day)

Ty Sennett
10-15-2009, 09:25 PM
I had John Rashke out today and we had some making up to do for all the slow days we had this summer. I told him we always catch fish when it snows and sure enough we did. At the first spot I caught a 45 1/2 incher and had another follow. John asked how many fish I had boated for the year and I told him that fish was fish number 97 from the Chip. He said well then lets just get to 100 today. He backed that statement up with a 38 inch fish at the next spot. After lunch he added one more with his largest from the Chip with a fat 47incher with a 22 inch girth. Then he did just what he said and made the 100th fish his largest at 49 inches. Funny thing about the last fish was that we actually were doubling back for a mid forty inch fish on a deep crib when John cast up by shore and caught the 49 inch fish. We had the mid forty inch fish on twice on a sucker but lost him both times. Good thing we lost him or we never would have came back to try that shoreline.

I think Rachel is going to post some pics tomorrow morning. The 47 was a huge fish. Great day on the water. At least it snowed most of the day rather than rain.

Water temps were 46 to 47 degrees.

ryanmitchell
10-15-2009, 10:02 PM
That sounds like a spectacular day. Congrats!!!!

RUBBERNECK
10-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Thanx camp counselor Ty, so bring your butterfly net, cuz The musical stylings of RUBBERNECK and the magical sounds of CRAPPIANO are making a return appearance in hayward on the 21st (so bring your gas masks), with a promise of PIGS!!!!!!!!! So be ready for action Jackson!! Cuz we are bringing James Ravinck Sr along for the ride, and he deserves " THE PIG OF THE YEAR"!!! So bring some cheer cuz we are are about to get the HOGS, PIGS, and SOWS out of the Chip for 2009. Good luck to all else, and happy fishing !!