PDA

View Full Version : First day back on Kinkaid

Chad Cain
10-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Well, after a fun summer up in Minnesota, I am back down here in southern Illinois and had my first trip out to Kinkaid yesterday. Things went well as we boated four fish up to 44 inches. My client caught two, and I caught two, and three of the four fish were on figure 8's. We tried quite a few different baits yesterday, but everything came on magnum Nutbuster spinnerbaits. My client got two on firetiger, and I got two on white.

We also saw several other fish and had a couple hit that didn't get hooked.

Good luck out there, and the lake looks great. Fall colors are starting to come out!!!!

Chad Cain
10-18-2009, 09:54 AM
After a great start on day one, day two wasn't too bad either. My client, Jim Colgan, boated his Illinois personal best of 47.5". Awesome fish. He also got a 37" and we saw lots of fish.

Then on Friday, I fished with Wayne and Carol Walters. We got three fish up to 44 inches on our new prototype twitch bait and saw quite a few more. Wait till you see this bad boy in the water!!

Saturday wasn't so good though. We never saw a fish. About the only thing we saw was more fisherman on the lake than ever!! There were many times I had to keep driving around looking for a hundred yard stretch of shoreline to fish. I hate bass tournaments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!