PDA

View Full Version : Cisco Chain advice?

familyguy
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I know this is a Chip site, but I'm headed up to the Cisco Chain, staying on 1000 Island Lake. I will be there the week of Oct. 19th. Anyone have any advice for these lakes (general spots, lures,colors, etc)? Should the patterns and water temps be close to what they are on the Chip? Anything will help, still looking for my 1st musky.
Thanks

Ty Sennett
10-09-2009, 07:08 AM
i would think it would be somewhat similar. Bulldawgs and crankbaits should be the ticket. I've never fished that lake though so don't rely on what I say.

Mark Benson
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
familyguy:

Were you the guy that asked this question last year???

I would consider trolling and casting, as you can do both up there on T.I. Remember not to forget about the other lakes on the chain. Check out the weed beds on the west side and north side of the lake to see what might be happening looking for the greenest you can find. Try both shallow and along the weed edges.

If nothing is happening, go check out some rocks and see what you might see there. You get bored with either of those tactics, troll some big and small profiles baits right through the middle of the basins, looking for bait fish as structure or good ol' structure itself!!!

I think you might be there that week during some portion of the new moon event so keep track of when both the moon and sun rise and set, and keep in mind the moon under and over... Hopefully that will get you started toward that first fish.

Do you have a WI license as well...

Mark

familyguy
10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the tips. No I wasn't me last year with the same question. This will be my first time fishing this lake. I did plan on fishing other lakes in the chain as well as 1000 Island. Any better than the other? I will mainly be targeting musky, but might try for some walleye and sm bass too.
Thanks again
Mike