PDA

View Full Version : Last T.F.F. Update for 2009

Don Pemble
10-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Well, here it is , another season coming to a close and a great year it has been, already looking forward to next season. Not that I'm done for the year, but will fish on days with favorable weather.

The past 3 days have once again seen some very good walleye action, mostly deep rocks and also deep river channels have been productive along with main lake basins. Limits haven't been the problem, it's just getting big enough size fish to keep, and that we did accomplish. Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads were by far the best fish getter, but we also caught them by drifting with bottom bouncers with in-line spinners tipped with fatheads in as much as 30 feet of water in the Baraboo Lake basin.

I want to thank all anglers and friends who have once again help make it a very successful year, and I want to say a special thank you to all those out there who have been praying for my son who was injured in Afghanistan, everyone's prayers were answered, he is doing fine and we expect him home shortly. May God bless you and may God bless the USA.

Hot Runr Guy
10-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Don, thank you for the seasons-worth of reports, and great news about your son. Funny that you should mention the bottom bouncers, I've been trying to educate myself about them, and was considering trying them next year.
Till we "talk" again,
HRG
aka Terry

DonH
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Bottom bouncers. Were you using these with a 3-way rig or straight line with a Lindy rig? If you using a 3 way rig, how long was the dropper?

Glad to hear your son is going to be OK. I've also been praying for him and all the others in harms way. That has to be tough having a loved one in the particular part of the world.

It must be tough for him too. Besides the war, on your off days, the walleye fishing there has to suck!

Good Luck Don - hope this winter is better than last winter for you.

Muskybill1
10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Don

First and foremost, you son is safe, keeping him in my prayers.

Secondly, thanks for the endless hours you devoted to keep the fisherman current with the TTF fishing action. You put in long days and work hard to get your clients fish, thats why you have such a great reputation.

See you in town sometime.

Muskybill

George
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Let me add my thanks for another great year of reports. And also my continued prayers for you son and his recovery. Let us know when he gets home so we can all breathe a little easier.

Don Pemble
10-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Don,

No Lindy rig, just a 3 foot straight line behind the bottom bouncer was used, worked pretty good, no snags at all were found in Baraboo, just walleye.

DonH
10-12-2009, 08:40 AM
My 2 sons, my son-in-law and myself are coming up Thursday for a last weekend of fishing. Is that what you would suggest, fishing deep water in some of the lake basins?

Here's what I was thinking. Putting on a pair of shorts, a T-shirt and spending the weekend shooting pool at Donners Bay! Of course I'll bring along some long johns and cold weather clothing......for when I walk down to the lake, shiver and head back inside for another beer and another game of pool.

St Croix Kid
10-13-2009, 01:58 PM
i fished red Cedar lake last weekend and that how I wished I would have done it. stayed in the bar and shot pool. we would have done just about as good.