PDA

View Full Version : Oct Tactics

riverrat47
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Ty,
Heading up this weekend and staying at Tiger Musky. Are the muskies in close to shore, out deep near the river channels or should I just be trying both. Should my sole focus be the best green weeds i can still find?

Is there a specifc water temp you look for when the fish start relating to deeper water or near the channels in the fall?

I would prefer to not use suckers this weekend, although I know how effective they can be. Would Gliders, bulldawgs, suicks and other jerkbaits be only what you would work? or Are bucktails still a very good option yet?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

RiverRat47

Ty Sennett
10-08-2009, 07:10 AM
All of the above will work. The fresh green weeds thing is key but don't be afraid to try gravel shores or rock shore. some of the fish are in a foot of water right now and some are out off the deep edges. Any jerkbait will work but the Bulldawgs have been good for me because we are throwing them the most. The last fish we caught was in a foot of water on rocks if that helps. We had one follow right by your resort yesterday off of weeds in about four feet of water. That was on a Bulldawg also. You don't have to use suckers as they slow you down a ton but there are days when that's all they hit. Don't look at water temp at all! Doesn't apply on the Chip as there is no major turnover that happens out here like a natural lake. There are a couple exceptions like Crane and Chief lake.

Good luck,

riverrat47
10-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the info TY.