PDA

View Full Version : report 9/26-10/4

IAGUY
10-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Hello, I just got back from fishing leech last week. I cant say it was the best fishing trip ive ever had there but we did have some success. This year was the latest ive ever been up there so I wasnt sure what to expect. I spent the better part of a couple days casting for skis with no luck but we were able to find the eyes. almost all of them came from jig and fathead in 10-14' of water with the average fish around 20" the biggest fish caught was on a crank bait at night that was just under the 29" mark. We had the best luck by accident fishing in 4-6" of water for jumbos and ended up catching a dozen eyes 24-27 inches in a couple hrs. that had to be the best couple of hours fishing ive ever been apart of. We also filled the tanks with some decent perch, All in all it was a good time and I think ill be back up late next year as well as opener. Were also talking about coming up in Dec. Jan. and trying some ice fishing, which ive never done, but sounds like fun.

good luck on the water!

Murph!
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the great report. You experienced the food chain in full throttle. The larger walleyes were in the shallows feasting on the smaller perch their favorite forage. Probably a few muskies in the area too.

Ice fishing has been very good the last few winters with the come back of the walleye. Also fish for perch during the day light hours.

chris_young14
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the report. Been fishing for 2 days now and only managed 2 eyes. Fishing in Sucker Bay (2nd Duck and Hardwood).

Talked to another boat that had 6 eyes in a couple of hrs.

IAGUY
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I dont know how much this will help but we found the big eyes in shallow water on the east side of narrows and the entrance to federal dam. other than that I spent alot of time in walker bay north west of cedar point and the south and west side of goose. also found the biggest perch in the mouth of the Federal dam.

Good luck!