PDA

View Full Version : October 4th report

Ty Sennett
10-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Finally got some good fish going yesterday. We fished from 8:00AM till 11:30 and caught two fish on mag Bulldawgs. One was a 41 1/4 and the other was just over 47 1/2 inches. Evidently in the Muskies Inc tourney they round up to the nearest half inch so they counted it as 41 1/2. The fish hit within about ten minutes of each other. We had one other up on the mag Dawg that looked like a low forty inch fish but I had a dog ball(fouled up Bulldawg) coming in on that cast. I wish I would have caught the fish two days ago. That fish felt a lot heavier than the ones I did get. That's always the way it goes.

I think baitfish is the key right now. We were literally right next to a crappie fisherman. Not by choice. He pulled up and dropped anchor about twenty feet away from us. Not another boat around. Must have been his hot spot. Worked out good because he registered our fish. My brother caught a mid thirty inch fish and lost two others also yesterday on Ghosttails. He was way shallow with baitfish splashing all around him he said.

Water temps are upper forty to low fifty degrees right now.