PDA

View Full Version : Kicker motor mount....

schmutzomatic 5000
10-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey,
Have adjustable kicker mount off one of my old boats. Want to mount it on my Smoker. Question is how far away and how far up from my Mariner do I mount it... Any feedback would be appreciated.. Do I mount in the down position with the kicker prop below the keel. is there a measurement someone knows??? thanx

Frank S
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
When the kicker is in the "down" position, the cavitation plate should be approx. even with the bottom of the boat in line with the kicker, not necessary to be below the keel in the center. A little deeper won't hurt, as long as it will come out of the water in the "up" position. A good way to determine the side to side location is to use c-clamps to hold it temporarily to make sure it won't hit the bigger engine while turning. I've used a strap or come-along to hang the kicker/mount from a rafter while determining the best location. Just make sure that the engines won't hit each other no matter how they are turned. Also, be sure to check the inside of the transom before drilling to make sure you are clear of everything in there.