PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tuesday...

Scott Donovan
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
The weather has cooled, but the muskie action was hot all day. We had some trolling motor issues in the early morning, but thanks to Terry at Top of the Hill Bait Shop, we got back on the water in about an hour. I made up for the time on Wednesday morning for a couple hours. We had action from 19 fish and hooked 9. We ended up boating 6 with the biggest right around 40". I had high 40's interested in a DC9, but would not commit. It seems we are having a chance at a big girl each day. All in all, not a bad day on the water. Thanks Rico and Craig. I appreciate your patience with the trolling motor.

Esox masquinongigantis
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Scott-
Great job on some really nice fish. I hope you do not get offended by me asking...but what color schemes do you throw a lot when the water has good clarity? I am looking to purchase some dc-8 and dc-9 bucktails for Kinkaid and do not want to waste my money.

AFchris
10-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Scott,
Come on! leave some in the water for us that have to work/school during the week haha! Nice work!!!! I'll see you out there tomorrow.

Scott Donovan
10-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Esox,

To be honest black/nickel has been the color that has produced most of the fish. Our old show color called dorado is in a close second. I usually have a mix of colors going until one lights up. Then we will bombard them with that color until it dies off. The two colors listed above have not left my rods for over 2 weeks. Hope that helps.

Scott

craig44
10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Scott---- it's Craig.
Once again thank you for a great experience. Any day on the water with you is the highlight of my fishing year. Tuesday was FANTASTIC!
And to think it is just early October...with so much musky-catching time left in the year! (Remember that we caught several nice fish in FEBRUARY! I was surprisd they were so HEAVY.) Wow - what a fishery!
And I'll say it...you have them dialed in!
I've fished Ontario, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Lake Kincaid in the last 14 months and have caught more fish than I deserve...BUT when I head off to spend time with you on Kincaid I know I'm going to be on fish, learn about the fishery-and these darn muskies, and laugh alot. The things Rico and I have learned about muskies (and Lake Kincaid) from you have helped us so much in our fishing travels as to be embarrassing (sort of)to a couple of old guys as us. I've caught my 3 largest muskies with you in the boat ---and missed several more!
We're trying to get back down at end of the month---
"There's A FISH!!!!!GET THE NET!!!"

Craig